1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rescue Me: Final Season

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KevinmH9, Jul 13, 2011.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Sure - but at least the male characters have some heroic qualities, either fighting fires or in Lenny Clarke's case, avenging his nephew's death. The women...not so much.

2. I think the problem is the women, especially the prominant ones, go from powerful to kooky all within the context of one scene. Sheila especially, has had some really really emotional and powerful scenes, then crazy sheila comes in without warning for a comedic element to kind of lighten the mood. So in that case, I see where you are at.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Lenny Clarke's character is among the most nutty and unstable ones out there.

4. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I just had a hard time caring about the characters. Lou was probably the only one I gave an honest shit about, which is probably why it was him that died. Just too much happened with the writers always choosing to make the characters "more" rather than anything resembling understated.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Terrible episode.

6. Johnny Chase

Johnny Chase Member

I liked the final episode. Thought it was a nice way to end the series.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Is there a link anywhere for the final episode? My DVR erased it before I got to it.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The show is on Hulu, but I don't think the final ep will appear there for a couple more weeks.

Draft saved Draft deleted