1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rescue Me: Final Season

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KevinmH9, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Agree with the series ending with Tommy's death. I used to think he was just going to say "Ef it" and leap to a fiery death, but I now agree with others on here who think he's going out saving someone's life, given how he wasn't able to help his boy and the probe last season, no way he lets it happen again. Only question is, who? It may end up being someone like Sheila.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

My guess: Tommy dies saving black Shawn and then the show ends with the wedding scene.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I thought for sure black Sean was going to die in that fire.

Needles and Franco was pretty funny, too. It's going to suck when Lou dies.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What the Hell? I thought the implication was that Damien died at the end of the last season.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I was wondering about that too.

6. Flying Headbutt

I think he's maybe brain dead, but not dead dead, if that makes sense.

7. John

John Well-Known Member

He's paralyzed and needs 24/7 care. Though he's not dead, Tommy still has visions of him the same way he does with Jimmy and the other dead guys.

8. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

9. Flying Headbutt

Outside of a few moments here and there, the series has really fallen flat. Lenny Clarke has been about the funniest, and even he's been a bit forced. It'll be interesting to see who all died last week in that fire. I'm assuming when Lou said "we'll be all right, trust me" that was his death warrant. And I guess when white Sean decided he wanted to marry his gaseous hottie, that would ensure his death too. Guess we'll find out?

10. John

John Well-Known Member

I was a diehard for this series in the first two seasons, couldn't get enough. I watched the next couple out of loyalty and, sadly, I've only seen a few episodes of final three seasons.

I'll probably watch the finale at some point, but it won't be tonight.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm glad they had a chance to wrap the show the way they wanted - but Leary seems to figure the only way to portray women is to make them look nuttier than his character - don't know if it is to make Gavin more of a hero or he doesn't have a lot of respect for women. I'm trying to think of the last female character that wasn't off her rocker that was featured on the show. If it was still relevant I figure NOW would have raised a protest.
    I'll miss it. But probably not as much as I would have if it ended two or three years ago.

12. I'm trying to think of a character on the show who isn't nutty in one way or another. Male or female.

Draft saved Draft deleted