1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rescue Me: Final Season

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KevinmH9, Jul 13, 2011.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Season premiere is tonight at 10 p.m./ET on FX.

Anyone have any hunches, predictions, thoughts? Anyone even care? :p

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Someone gets drunk. Someone curses. Someone may get laid. I'll still be highly entertained.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm watching, but I really wonder how much more crap they can pile on Gavin. Friends die, family members die, co-workers die, he drinks, he relapses, gets shot by a family member...etc. Hell didn't he "die" a couple of times? Too bad this was shot long before bin Laden was killed. Now THAT would have been a good episode, a good ending, and a way to look back at all of the destruction since.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Gotta think the season will end with Tommy's death (probably by his own hand). Just don't see how anyone could weather the continuous shitstorm he has and have this finish with a happy ending. Final scene could be his cousin and all other haunters taking his hand and walking away.

5. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

I have to assume the 10-year anniversary of 9/11 will be a climactic event in this series. Depending on whether they skip any weeks they should be about 8-10 episodes into the season around that time.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

It's been years since one good thing happened to anyone on the show. Hell, Colleen gets engaged, and immediately hits the bottle.

Though whoever plays her on the show did a real good job during the part where black Sean popped the question.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

BINGO to all you tv critics out there. i agree that tommy's death seems inevitable by season's end -- haven't some of the look-ahead clips indicated that or are those red herrings? -- but it will SHOCK me if it's by suicide. it's gotta be in the line of duty, tommy playing the heroic firefighter who FINALLY pays for his version of 'russian roulette.'

what's the proper amount of time to let janet (andrea roth) grieve? man, does she toast my marshmallows.... and, at a remarkably-fit 44, i don't have to feel like a pedophile saying so.

8. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

If Tommoy dies it has to be in the line of duty. He takes a stupid risk, ends up saving someone, and in the process goes down in a rain of fire.
    It may not be a certainty that he dies in the end though I think someone will, maybe Lew or Franco.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Loved when Tommy shot up the bar.

10. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Tommy is the only reason I watch Rescue me. Can't believe it will be the last season. Sad to see it go...it was one of my favourite shows.

11. John

John Well-Known Member

It was one of my favorite shows. It still has some good moments, but they happen much less often now.

I used to laugh my ass off during the first few seasons. It was why I got hooked. Now, I'm largely just sticking around to see how things end up.

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Pretty funny episode tonight: From Mike's mental evan, to Needles' reaction to Lou/Franco in the bathroom, to Tommy getting absolutely owned by the women. Tommy talking about legacies with Maura Tierney probably sets up T's death later...

CLOSED CAPTIONING QUESTION OF THE NIGHT: What were the two words Tommy said to Black Shawn we he asked for Colleen's hand, tho? Couldn't catch it.

Draft saved Draft deleted