1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rescue Me, 8-8-07 (spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by gingerbread, Aug 9, 2007.

1. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Forgot to add ... SPOILERS.

The scene beginning with Tommy's date with the Jewish girl who, you know, was priceless. From her rambling, to Gina Gershon's appearance, to Tommy's instincts forcing him to run toward disaster while everyone else is running out -- it doesn't get much better.
    Starting from the very first minute with the fight, the actors and writers really turned on their game.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Excellent episode, though the last half struggled for me because the fucking cable kept blinking, screwing up the sound.

The rambling was hysterical though I wish I could have heard what Lou said before he hung up on Tommy at the restaurant. Can't believe he actually gave the baby away either.

And the part at the end, where he brings the guys out of the fire and gets called an asshole. Priceless. The show has improved over the last few weeks.

Though I also thought the Franco shit was a little out of no where, and I still can't get over how Mike just doesn't care about the fire. Weird shit. And the intervention should be great.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Good episode, reminded me of last season.
    Frantic pace. Sharp dialogue. Interesting twists and turns. Hot chicks, this time Gina Gershon, who want to get with Tommy and I love me some Amy Sedaris.

4. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Franco’s scene did drag but I’ve always had a girl-crush on Susan Sarandon so she kept me entertained.
    The actor who plays Franco seems pretty one-dimensional. Reggie Jackson and a macho fireman are the same characters in different twilight zones.
    And even though Amy Sedaris always plays a nut job, she still makes me laugh. Her "date" outfit, her stuffing her mouth with a full dinner roll, her standing there with a fresh fru-fru cocktail while he's saving people -- all hilarious.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The Sarandon storyline has to come to a head one way or the other. I just don't get how Franco goes from superhot for his fiance to ready to go after his old girl like that.

6. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Gina Freaking Gershon. Funny how Leary keeps writing hot women into his character's life -- and still keeping Tommy's wife in the picture. He isn't just in this for the hockey scenes ...

7. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

I wasn't a fan of that blouse Sarandon had on -- I kept thinking, "is she pregnant?!"

How many more times is Janet gonna run away?

8. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Easy. He was committing commitment suicide.
    He was trying to destroy his relationship with his fiancee the best way he knew how. That's why Susan S. sat him down and talked to him. It was all right there on the screen.

Draft saved Draft deleted