1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"rescue me," 6/30

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Jun 30, 2009.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

just ended. yeah, so i'm bawlin' like a baby. you wanna make something of it? :'( :'( :'(

2. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

This has been an incredible season. Right up there with, and possibly better than, the first two seasons. They've gotten back to what made it so good at the beginning.

3. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I got a bit dusty during the final scene there with the children. This has been an amazing season thus far. Those scenes with Leary and his dead son, father and cousin have been nothing short of amazing in terms of the acting.

EDIT: That speech by Leary's father before Leary took the blowtorch to his leg was nothing short of poetry.

4. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

Not for nothing, but Spoiler alert would have been nice. I don't know what happened, but knowing its a tear-jerker changes things a bit.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

strong performances by the actors, for sure. but they're just pitting into play the lines written for them. i'm sure that there is a fair amount of goin' with the flow by this cast, too, but it's still the writing that attracts me.

wonderful storytelling going on this season. just fabulous.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

firstly, not for nothin', there were NO spoilers in the thread topic. secondly, shame on you for reading the thread if you were so keen on not having anything "spoiled," shame on you for opening the thread. sheesh.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Garrity storyline has puzzled me. The way it has developed, I thought it would be more humorous and not as serious as it has been. But it's been nice seeing Stephen Pasquale get a chance to show his Broadway side - didn't realize he's done a hell of a lot of musicals. Leary has been incredibly generous spreading the wealth around - if any show deserved the Screen Actors Guild ensemble award it would be this show for this year.
    And the way they shot that early scene with Gavin (you know what I'm talking about) I had a hard time figuring out what was going on, but watching his face while he was doing it was really all you needed to see.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Can't say enough good things about the current season. Bordering on best yet. Will get there soon, I'm sure.

Last night's episode was just what I have come to expect. Brilliance.

I gots a baaaaaad feeling about Lou, though.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I think it IS the best season ever, and that right now it's the best show on TV. I went into last night thinking Sean was going to die. Glad he didn't though. His asthmatic love cracked me up, especially when Teddy is there trying to end it for the guy.

And I'm not feeling very hopeful for Lou, either.

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I'm worried about Lou as well, but maybe not everything has to have a tragic end.
    The scene of Tommy picking up the kid's pieces and putting them in the blanket was some amazing TV.
    Last night was some truly great television.

11. I'm just getting into this show this season, and want to kick myself in the balls for waiting this long. In about 5-6 episodes, it has vaulted straight into my list of all-time favorites.

Last episode was great again. The scene with Tommy 'cleaning up' after the accident is as good as it gets on TV. So simple, yet you'll watch very few moments as powerful.

Great, great TV.

Draft saved Draft deleted