1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rescue Me 08/22

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mediaguy, Aug 26, 2006.

1. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

This kinda got lost with the site being down this week.

Any thoughts, beyond how strong the Belichick cameo was?

2. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

I thought it was good, really set up the rest of the season nicely.

The scene with Probie and the priest in the bedroom was quite funny.

But shouldn't they have brought Marisa Tomei back for this episode? It was her ex who got killed.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This show really is brutal. The scene where they check the dead brother's cell phone and realize he never got Tommy's voicemail...just brutal.

Great episode. Sad, powerful, funny and weird.

4. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

That's a really good point I didn't even think of in watching. If you sign on for a half-dozen episodes of giggling and Leary-humping, gotta give 'em a token grieving widow scene, right? Or is that ex-widow?

5. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I was thinking that the Tommy voicemail was a lie. Was I wrong about that? I thought he left it after hearing Johnny's message on the machine and then purposely mentioned it in front of Janet so they could check it later. Thought that was the point of dead Johnny turning and looking at him like he did.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

That's what I thought, too.

7. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

And they went out of their way to show Janet saving the voicemail by pressing 9.

8. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

On the eve of the finale... thought I'd bump this thread back up :)

Not sure how the last show is gonna compare to the past two. Sure has a lot to live up to.

So was I off my gourd or did the show insinuate Franco's girlfriend is Keyla's real Mom?

9. dog428

dog428 Active Member

We know who Keyla's real mom is. I believe what was insinuated there was that Franco's dating chicks who look like his daughter. Like he's trying to replace his daughter with this woman.

10. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Who is the real Mom? Just some chick?

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Some girl that Franco hooked up with a while. She died of a cocaine (or something along those lines) induced heart attack while dating Garrity.

Draft saved Draft deleted