1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Request Professional Opinions on How Gov's Family Tie was "missed"?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by host, Jul 27, 2008.

1. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Average rating: One star

Newest comment: "No shit, Sherlock."

2. host

host Member

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Just what we need around here.

4. host

host Member

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

6. host

host Member

Maybe Gray will sue me for libel....or maybe the governator will pin a medal on my chest before his own politcal career is terminated....what a couple of losers, serving the good people of California, back to back....or what an ignorant, easily manipulated, California electorate, or both.....

7. part-timer

part-timer Member

This is exactly what students, regardless of whether they are going into journalism or are just doing a term paper, need to learn first.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

host takes his message to the airwaves ...

[​IMG]

9. host

host Member

Inky_, wouldn't it be constructive to stroll over to the newsroom and suggest to an editor that it might be a good idea to assign the news staff to digging up the secrets of the powerful....you know....like McClatchy claims to want to do in their recent embracing of a motto, "Speaking Truth to Power"....instead of helping to keep them buried?

I only do this as a hobby, the folks in the newsroom should feel ashamed at what they allow to be rewritten over time:

My latest: http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-105119

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Sounds like you've got the scoop of the century. Can't wait to see how it shakes out!

11. host

host Member

TheSportsPredictor,

What part of, the media is controlled by monied interests with an agenda that is uninterested in uncovering the secrets of the powerful and speaking truth to power by reporting what has been uncovered and verified for accuracy?

This is the latest, "Commercially distributed" account of Willkie and his 1940 campaign:
    http://www.kpcnews.com/articles/2008/10/06/features/columnists/dave_kurtz/hid71001sect_6de78d1a5d96ad052a9.txt

.....Sounds like a guy any Joe6P would enjoy having a beer with, doesn't it? I'm wondering if Stephenson, aka "Intrepid", took Willkie out, like he did William Rhoides Davis.....

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Damn, you're one step away from a Pulitzer.

Draft saved Draft deleted