1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Republicans In '08 -- Base Jumping

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Apr 7, 2007.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Come closer, Fenian.

2. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

But there is a difference in approval/disapproval rating and being anti-war. I disapprove of the handling of the war, but would you consider me part of the anti-war crowd? The better question is the should we stay until civil order is restored or get out now. That question is around 45-55 in favor of getting out. For some good, varied numbers see http://www.pollingreport.com/iraq.htm

On this question, ""Do you think the U.S. should keep military troops in Iraq until the situation has stabilized, or do you think the U.S. should bring its troops home as soon as possible," bring them home has never gotten about 53% in Gallup.

3. Your last sentence is a bit garbled. But I think you're saying that "Bring them home now" has never gotten above 53 percent in Gallup. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry.
    Of course, nobody in the sample has any idea what "restoring civil order" means, or what a "stabilized" situation would constitute. You might as well ask someone if the United States should get out now, or wait until we give every American a pony. The data is not very controvertible that this war run by this administration is disapproved of by the vast majority of the American people. And since that's really all that's on offer here -- waiting for W to wake up and start making sense of things is a fool's errand. He's president and he believes leaving=him losing so there we are -- my point stands.

Draft saved Draft deleted