1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Republicans for Hillary a growing movement

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Yes, because the genius that is the Republican party has spent so much time having its incumbents quit, and losing seats belonging to Denny Hastert and Tom Delay, that it will have a lot of energy stored up for this outburst of machiavellian brilliance.

2. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

I was ready to say it in 2000, when I voted for him instead of Bush in the primary. If only more people had done the same...

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

For the record, I voted for him in 2000 too.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I don't think she'd lose Illinois or Maryland.

I am certain she'd lose Iowa, Virginia, Colorado and New Mexico.

And she'd be in a dogfight in Wisconsin and Minnesota.

I'd guess Obama carries five of those six above.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If she cheats Obama out of the nomination there's no way Illinois breaks her way. None.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Perhaps not, but, for now, I'm including it as a reliably Dem. state for either candidate.

Now, if someone could only tell me how a Democrat plans to win Ohio with anything less than stellar African American turnout -- which, lets face it, is almost certainly a byproduct of Clinton cudgeling her way to the nomination -- I'd be interested to hear it.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

If she'd ever tried to run for the Senate out of Illinois, she'd have gotten blitzed.

Why do you think she moved to New York?

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Fact: Obama has a better chance of winning the White House than Che Rodham. The Democrats know it, the Republicans know it. But the power brokers can be bought and she knows it.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Classic - concept makes perfect sense. If you have a vote no need to waste on McCain now. You can put it to better use for Hillary.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

We'll have a much better idea of just how valuable the Dem nomination is, by convention time. If gas is $4 a gallon and W's prancing around a maypole on the White House lawn during working hours -- or if we bomb Iran (either, will do) . . .
    it's worth a helluva lot. At which point anything-to-win mode kicks in, hugely.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

And a lot of Republicans appear to be horrified beyond rationality at the idea that a negro might become president. Which, of course, should come as no surprise.

Draft saved Draft deleted