1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Republican Debate

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Jan 30, 2008.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I think I saw Jeff Foxworthy moderating.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

McCain has twisted Mitt into a pretzel on the surge question. Whether you agree with him or not you have to give him credit for showing the balls to support the surge when it would have be easier to bail.

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I liked when Ron Paul called out McCain and Romney for debating minor differences in their opinions on Iraq when there are, in fact, bigger issues and they pretty much are in agreement. Having said that, Paul shouldn't be there considering the polls.

4. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Oh, I like having no-chance candidates in debates. Seriously. They bring diversity of viewpoint, which is sorely lacking in mainstream politics, despite the vicious fighting amongst politicians whose views are a nanometer from one another's. Of course, Paul's a fuckstick, but that's beside the point.

5. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

And they never win, which is why they are able to say what they think. There's nothing to lose, no accountability factor.

7. Isn't "not winning" and saying the stuff anyway the ultimate act of responsibility?

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Not in this context.

9. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Dear John,

"My friends." Please stop.

Thanks,
    Lugz

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Insert Brokeback joke here for those clowns.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

I'm not a big fan of McCain's "vote for me or the bad guys will kill us all" tactic. It's a real turn off.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

We've endured that same psuedo-Mafia bullshit for the past six-plus years.

Enough, already.

Draft saved Draft deleted