1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Republican debate thread 9/16

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Sep 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Was thinking that also. Mr. Sunshine did you take your meds tonight?

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Carly comes out against pot smoking losers!

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I would rather watch an eleven person circle jerk.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Jealous, and secure enough in my manhood to say both.

5. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

We already knew that.

Vombatus likes this.
  6. SnarkShark

Did you spring wood?

7. cjericho

That's OK. He is a good looking guy. I'm sure you get more girls than Bernie Sanders, so take comfort in that.

8. TheSportsPredictor

And more than you, I'm certain of that.

Huckabee comes out against cancer! And diabetes! And heart disease!

9. SnarkShark

10. cjericho

Hahahaa. That was a good one. I don't give a shit about Huckabee. And I'm certain you'd get a job at the Plain Dealer before you'd get a decent looking woman.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Carson feels like the Republican version of Obama: A black guy who made one really great, memorable speech and suddenly became a presidential candidate.
    The difference is that Obama has some charisma and had the good fortune to run in the right year against a candidate (Clinton) people hate-fuck, politically speaking, in the primary; against a guy who died halfway into the main campaign (McCain); and against an incumbent president at least half the country was tired of; not to mention having the novelty factor on his side (not the most graceful way to put it, I know, but a lot of people were excited simply to have the chance to vote for a young black man for president).
    Bottom line, Obama was the right guy at the right time, which is always a big part in a successful campaign.
    Carson would have to be cutting promos like The Rock in his prime to be more charismatic than Trump, and he's not standing out enough from the rest of the horde to come across as anything special.

12. TheSportsPredictor

I'm certain you can't get either. I know there's some horses down the street from you, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.