1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reports of Bonds' test results inaccurate

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by creamora, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Fine, I'll take your word about Conte's work.
    But considering this is a journalism board, it's not out of the ordinary to talk about the why and how behind the journalism.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

And Victor Conte is an accomplished reporter now?

Wow. Just wow.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and i'm a chemist ... or at least i rip them off. your shit will be ready on monday.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Why not, Nick Lachey was allowed to crayon a column about the Bearcats.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

All that and and Tom gives us JLH to look at.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Is it available in the cream or clear? Do you have a dorky moustache? Do you look like Mr. Whipple's evil cousin?

7. creamora

creamora Member

I agree. This thread was started in an attempt to discuss the "how and why" there were many inaccurately written articles about Bonds having "soaring" testosterone levels. The facts do not support the headlines and claims. Maybe that's the reason Conte's article was written in the first place and the NYDN published it.The article presents questions that need to be addressed. I have not seen a single post in this thread acknowledging the fact that these articles clearly represent poor journalism. The messenger seems to be more important here than the message, which is simply wrong.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

creamora, did you ever watch Seinfeld? Did you see the episode about Jimmy?

9. creamora

creamora Member

Nope. Didn't see it. I was probably busy playing on the message board here.
    It's so much fun.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

When it is an opinion piece written by somebody with no credibility, yes, it is fair to dismiss it.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

are you referring to jimmy?

12. creamora

creamora Member

Is a total testosterone level of 730 compared to normal ranges of 250 to 1200 an opinion?
    I think not. The level is either well within the normal range or it is not. Can someone have an "elevated" or "soaring" level and be well within the normal range at the same time? It's called very poor journalism, period. It has nothing to do with an anybody's opinion. Anyone who doesn't get it must come from the same neighborhood as these sloppy journalists.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.