1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reports of Bonds' test results inaccurate

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by creamora, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Generally speaking, most newspapers don't say 'our reporters are incapable of getting the truth, so we're going to this outside source who has a vested interest in the story.'

So I sort of doubt that's what happened here. I could be wrong.

2. creamora

creamora Member

All you need to analyze 730 is google. Google will provide all the references you need that expose the reports as inaccurate and all about hype. Apparently, Game of Shadows has set new standard for sports journalists. Read the new book called Asterisk for a start. It rips the GOS to shreds. Good read and full of truths about the inaccuracies contained in the book with an obvious agenda.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Creamora's definition of the truth: Anything that supports his agenda.

4. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

I have no idea if this is the case, but IF IF IF the NYDN is paying Victor Conte as a freelancer, it could be quite a conflict.
    IF IF IF. I don't know any of the details.

5. creamora

creamora Member

My agenda is to set the record straight and expose the real facts invloved. The Daily News article was factually accurate and the other articles referenced were not. Those are the facts and the facts are important. Changing the subject does not change the facts. These inaccurate articles are a disgrace to the world of journalism.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Conte can't comment on here tonight. He's busy covering a triple slay in Qns.

7. creamora

creamora Member

IF IF IF my aunt would have had balls then she would have been my uncle. What a cheap shot. No balls and no money either. Is this how your articles are referenced, too? Fainaru-Wada and Quinn are the ones chasing the money and that IS a fact.

8. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

The case could be made that Victor Conte hasn't always told the truth about his role in the world of performance enhancing drugs, and it could be a journalistic risk to give him a forum, possibly paid, now that he's changed his tune.
    Again, just posing a theory. I don't know details.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Seems like it's just an editorial in the same way Donald Rumsfeld got to defend the clusterfuck in Iraq or whatever else. He got a chance to have his say, and the reader can decide if it's believable or not.

11. creamora

creamora Member

Conte has written several articles that have been published by the NYDN and no fee of any kind was ever paid. Those are the facts, not theory by someone with no clue.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you are correct. conte has no fucking clue.

actually, he's quite the douchenozzle from what i understand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.