1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reports of Bonds' test results inaccurate

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by creamora, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. creamora

creamora Member

It's quite amazing how often sports journalists report inaccurate information about the Bonds case. In this particular instance, all these journalists had to do was a google search regarding the normal range for total testosterone. Instead we get more of the sloppy type of reporting contained in the GOS book.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/2008/03/06/2008-03-06_victor_conte_reports_on_barry_bonds_test.html

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Is creamora an attention whore?

[​IMG]

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Wow. I have seen the light. All this time I've questioned creamora for his one-sided, agenda-driven bullshit. His sweeping statements, calling for a message board full of journalists to accept his every word as fact with absolutely no evidence backing it up.

But now...now....he linked us a story telling us Victor Conte's opinion! Why didn't you just do that before, creamora?! We're all going to accept Conte's opinion as fact, right?

See? Blue font really isn't always necessary, right?

4. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

I hope Creamora's right, because I just took a flier on him late in my fantasy draft.

(I know, I know.)

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Why would the DN give Conte the byline on this, instead of letting one of its reporters interview him and write a more balanced story?

6. Inky_Wretch

Maybe it's a paid advertorial designed to boost Conte's performance-enhancing consulting work.

7. creamora

creamora Member

Maybe the article simply contains the truth. Is that not possible? Do a google search and find out.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I didn't ask whether it was true. I asked why the DN gave Conte a byline, when the paper has reporters regularly working on the story. Did Conte replace TJ Quinn?

9. Inky_Wretch

Given the author? No, it's not.

10. creamora

creamora Member

No. TJ Quinn replaced Lance Williams. Whether or not the article contains the truth is important since several journalists reported inaccuracies about the transcript. Does that not matter?

11. Inky_Wretch

Get me somebody other than Conte analyzing it.

He's got a vested interest in keeping his name out there, I think he'd say just about anything to get SNAC some cheap publicity.

12. creamora

creamora Member

The laugh is on the sports journalists since none were able to report the facts accurately. Google is free. But, hype seems to be more important than reporting the facts
    these days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.