1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reporting lives even if newspapers don't

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by cranberry, Apr 22, 2009.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

So I was wondering about the internet/ 1955 TV parallel discussed earlier.
    Was the internet born like cable TV with lots of choices or is the internet still in its infancy and what's coming in the next 30 to 40 years will make the current version of the web laughable?
    Just curious.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Personally, I think the Web is gradually backing into its business and distribution model. It remains something of a frontier when it comes to adhering to basic business disciplines. Tech stockholders will demand earnings in the post-economic collapse era. You're going to begin to pay, one way or another, for content that doesn't rest in the public domain.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I still say Lugs has a point. I don't read anything for free online. I pay for Internet access, and I pay a lot more for ublimited mobile access. The more I consider that, the more I see the ISP argument and other access as key things the someone in "someone will figure it out" needs to make a real run at.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

And ublimited typos too.

Draft saved Draft deleted