1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Reporting Error" corrects outcome of Wisconsin Supreme Court Election

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CarltonBanks, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Re: "Reporting Error" changes outcome of Wisconsin Supreme Court Election

Fixed

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't understand how most elections officials keep their jobs. You have maybe five or six days out of a year tops to make sure you don't screw up. All of that extra time to check and revise processes, plan ahead, review - and still stuff like this happens. You would almost think the parties in power like it this way.

3. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Dan, I was thinking the same thing. One would think the LAST thing anyone wanted was any sign of incompetence that would cause anyone to even casually question the legitimacy of these election results (or give the other side something, regardless of how irrational or petty it may be, to rally around). It is almost as if we cannot have any election at any level without this kind of thing happening.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I find it hilarious that when boxes of ballots are "found" days later to put Al Franken into office, the liberals here feel (not think) everything is on the up-and-up, but when votes are actually cast on election day and not reported by AP, then correcting that mistake is "fraud."

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This "feel not think" thing: Is there a radio station in Milwaukee instructing you to use that? I just talked to a conservative friend of mine in Washington County this morning and he used the exact same phrase.

6. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Well, to be truthful, there has been no outright accusations...just "feelings" of something there, something akin to smoke. I feel what you are getting at. Do you feel me, dawg?

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

So, no actual thinking, or review of the contemporaneous record. I see.

8. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

"It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes " - Joseph Stalin

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I'm betting you have a lot of Stalin quotes at your disposal.

10. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

You know, this was kind of the point of the first post on this thread, and you've proven it perfectly. If it happens to a Republican, you're honored to shake the official's hand. If it happens to a Democrat, it's fraud.

11. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Time to shut the thread down yet or are we waiting for a few more regular political posters to poison the well ever further.

12. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Yep, nice to see that one of the main guys responsible for the demise of the politics board is up to his same old douchebaggery. Sad and pathetic that we can't have a civil discussion of a hot topic without that kind of silliness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.