1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reporters selling ads?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by for_the_hunt, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

He's a sly one.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

He ain't that quick.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Guy sounds like a raving lunatic.

Somehow "three years selling advertising and covering preps football, basketball, hockey, tennis and chess for the Berkshire Beacon" isn't a huge plus on your resume.

4. Jeremy Goodwin

You'd be surprised how much the chess coverage helps.

5. Smokey33

Smokey33 Member

At my first job, which was the absolute worst nine months of my life, the newsroom people had to go talk to a specified advertiser and write/design an ad for them, in addition to writing a story about the advertiser. Luckily it was only once a year, and they didn't make me do any of that because I was still new.

Just thinking of that paper makes me want to drive there and take a giant steaming dump on the publisher's doorstep.

6. EE94

EE94 Guest

this made me laugh

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

A former coworker -- one of my favorite people who's no longer in the business -- got this directive at one of her jobs, and her response was, "Why don't you just put a red light over my desk?"

8. Jeremy Goodwin

Was her name Roxanne?

Draft saved Draft deleted