1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reporters attacked, but it's not news

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, May 2, 2012.

1. nitrobreath

nitrobreath Member

> If the fucker is in my way trying to hurt me, I'm burning rubber through the crowd and not stopping. You're in the way, tough shit. <

I did that in a similar situation when I was 16. Never drove my grandmother's car back to that town, either.

Not always blessed with the common sense I'd like, but that time, I had a hefty dose of "time to get the hell outta Dodge" working for me. And that's why I'm here today.

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Where are Jesse and Reverend Al in this?

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Trying to figure out how they can make a buck off of it.

4. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I somehow had missed this story.

I used to play hoops with Dave when we both worked in Fargo. Awesome guy, awesome reporter, pretty good point guard. He moved down to Virginia several years ago.

He gave an interview to The Forum.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/359653/

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

Good for you. Like Snagglepuss used to say, "Exit, stage right!" He who learns to run away lives to fight another day.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Why not mention who was in concert at the Attucks?

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Not much mention of the initial locking of the car door here. Sufficient insult to start a confrontation?

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I know you enjoy your gimmick, but I wouldn't put this one in the clip file.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

I know where you are going with this but it really doesn't matter. Bison was performing but the incident should not have happened. Dave Forster and Marjon Rostami had every right to attend the concert freely. The juvenile who threw the rock had no right to do so. Dave's mistake was not using common sense in the situation.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sorry, but it's an honest question.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I guess we'll look to the attendees of the NorVa and Scope concerts, then. From Wiki:

Bison is an indie folk band that formed in Chesapeake, Virginia. Bison's mountain-top chamber music combines elements of alternative indie-folk with classical sensibilities. Their first album Quill was released independently in September, 2011 and has received critical praise noting the bands complex arrangements, refined lyrics and vocal harmonies.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Can now stop any efforts at taking you seriously.

Draft saved Draft deleted