1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reporter - Richmond, VA

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by MJHRVA, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nope. He'd have to improve to be a tool...
    I am so going to hell for that

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Quality job. Even better quality paper/boss

3. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

Based on the inside applicant clause, can it be assumed this is the type of deal where they just move somebody up from inside the chain? That seems to be the way things work in life.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

If I weren't married, settled in and happy with my current situation, I'd be jumping on this. Certainly the money would be better than my current stop.

5. ShelbyFoote

ShelbyFoote Member

Can external candidates just send in application, resume, cover letter and clips? Or must the resume and application be completed on-line?

6. I know the perfect candidate for this gig...if he applies, I'm almost certain he'll get it.

7. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Well, ok then...

8. boots

boots New Member

Will be interesting to see how this one goes. Lot is happening at the T-D and not all of it good. The section is solid and Harris is good people.

9. Gold

Gold Active Member

He's the man who would risk his neck for his fellow man...

10. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

There was a time, a time before the internet. When the local sports editor reigned supreme. When people believed everything they read in the newspaper. This was an age when only men were allowed to write the news. And in Richmond, one sports editor was more man then the rest. His name was Mike Harris. He was like a god walking amongst mere mortals. He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo. In other words, Mike Harris was the balls.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Mike Harris' pen makes even Marcus Vick wanna pack heat.

Oh, he does, anyway. Carry on.

12. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

You see this cat is a bad mother...
    (Shut your mouth)
    Well, I'm talkin' bout Mike Harris...

All that's missing from MU's post is the movie-trailer announcer guy going "in a world where there was only one newspaper in Richmond..."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.