1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reporter - Richmond, VA

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by MJHRVA, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boots

boots New Member

Just giving the people what they want. Moddy thought I'd be on to give it my seal of approval, which I'd done earlier, and someone else wanted my input. I will say this, you will have a lot of work to do if you get the preps jobs. Harris is a former preps guy and his top prep man has about 30 years in the business. This is not a rookie league beat by any means. Not only that, ocassionally the sports columnist will take in a game or two. The prep guy who left and did a good job, went to a dot com.

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That's the funniest thing you have ever said.

::) ::)

3. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

So the prep guy left for a dot.com? Who and where?

4. boots

boots New Member

That's not important.

5. Rookie23

Rookie23 Member

Wow a preps job that involves lots of work. I'm scurred of that one. Hell if a preps job does arise in Richmond my resume is in. This just in...I'm a fan of hard work and would welcome the challenge.

6. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Not important? Like the only way I can find this information is through you? Ha.

Do you and Barry Bonds share hats?

7. boots

boots New Member

For starters I don't throw out people's names on the web. If you are a reporter, you should be able to find that information on your own. Personally speaking, I don't think its any of your business where the person is going. If he wanted his information on the web, he would've done it himself. Besides, what do you have to gain with the information? I'm not trying to be mean or nasty but just stating the obvious.

8. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

I'm not trying to gain anything. It's simple curiosity. Nothing more.

And personally speaking, it's not up to you to determine whether or not it's any of my business.

9. boots

boots New Member

When it comes to passing out personal information on someone on the internet, that is my call.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Hypocrisy, thy name is boots.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/posts/1068410/

Remember that, bootsy? When you wanted to know where Kevin Blackistone was now?

Oh, how quickly the times change.

11. MJHRVA

MJHRVA Member

(cough) bull**** (cough).
    Just got home. Did an interview for this position tonight. We're moving fast. It is not held up, not waiting for anything.

And there are no secrets, no need for the "dodge" on the name. Stephen M. Lewis left us to take a job with a .com - covering preps of all things. He'll tell you it was a tough decision because he had a great job (with a great boss) but he wanted to give a full-time Internet gig a whirl. He'll do well.

boots is correct about one thing. Preps are important here and this is a great job. Stephen was outstanding and we'll miss him. We will find someone top notch.
    And soon.

12. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.