1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reporter - Richmond, VA

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by MJHRVA, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

So will the high school reporter position be posted or is there a writer already in mind for that job?

2. turnovers

turnovers Member

At Newport News? I bet it gets lost in the corporate ether -- for awhile at least.

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Pay attention. The high school opening is at Richmond.

4. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

I think he's down TWO deputies, no? And he's got to worry about the rest of the section too. Just have to realize it's a part of the business, but I believe Mike when he says he'll try better next time. In the words of Tom Lasorda, "This (bleeping) job, is not that (bleeping) easy."

5. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

I was talking about Richmond. That would be a good gig.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yes, it would. Has the Moddy Seal and all that. I'm sure boots will be along with his soon.

7. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

I can't wait to hear the boots pipeline on this one.

8. boots

boots New Member

Wait no longer my son. from what I understand, the gig in Newport News might not be filled too soon. One reason is the Tribune Co. sale. As for the Richmond deal, again from what I understand, approval is needed for the go-ahead to fill the opening from the powers that be. If I'm wrong, someone will correct but that's what was told to me.

9. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

Not to disparage Boots' beloved pipeline, but is a pipeline even necessary on this thread since the SE is kind enough to give us updates?

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I'm definitely applying for the prep job. May be in over my head, but I'll never know otherwise, right?

11. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Who was the prep guy that left Richmond and where did he go?

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You'd like to think that, and yet...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.