1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reporter - Richmond, VA

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by MJHRVA, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boots

boots New Member

And again, what is your problem? He doesn't need my approval. No one does. So what's the problem?

2. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

The criticism I laid out in the previous thread also serves as the problem.

Fact is, people don't like you because you act like you have unique insight to seemingly every job opening posted on the board. And you come on here slinging around your stupid approval as if people should not go after a job without it.

That is all.

3. boots

boots New Member

Like me? This is a freakin post man. You don't know me so I don't expect you to like me. That's crazy. If you don't like what I post, move on but like me? I'm really laughing now. You have a good one too.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I'll say this in a vain effort to keep this from joining the ash cans of history: the VT beat has a cubic assload of young talent on it. Young enough that Frank Beamer could buy their acquiesence with a round of Jager Bombs, talented enough to know to turn down the offer.

5. I agree Meat. Now, it'll be interesting to see how those battles play out. My money right now though is on the redhead.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Unless they've got a different redhead on the beat, I'd agree because he's a little older and has more experience with VT. But yeah, you'd better have an iron jockstrap to hang on this beat.

7. The crazy thing about it all is they're all pretty good friends. I'd say the two younger guys are probably a little stronger as writers, but the redhead can report his butt off (with relative ease). All are friends of mine and I can only say may the best man win. I think they'll go back and forth w/young KT and the redhead going at it, at least until Slater finds his groove. It'll definitely be interesting.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Slater's the guy I have the least experience with, though I can pick him out of a lineup. KT was a prize hire by the Pilot and shot up the charts at his first opportunity (he still does HS wrestling, which is a lot more important down there than outsiders might think). Redhead bided his time doing preps, and that probably helped him when he got his big-boy beat. You can say that for redhead's paper -- they don't have a problem elevating people, so if you have the chops, you aren't looking at 20 uninterrupted years of Smithfield-York softball.

9. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

That's one vote for the redhead. Perhaps we should ask boots who he thinks will win the battles between the VT beat writers. He knows everything else, maybe he can even predict the future.

10. boots

boots New Member

I predict you have issues. I also predict that the VT beat is a tough one and that Darryl will have his work cut out because of distance between Richmond and Blacksburg. Don't know what his living situation is. Hopefully, he'll be stationed out there.
    I hope that answers your question.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

As far as I know, Darryl will be living in Blacksburg. He doesn't need my seal of approval, but Darryl's a a good one. This is a solid get for Harris and the TD. Congrats to him.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Screw the redhead. Nathan Warters all the way!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.