1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reporter opening at The Fresno Bee

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Robert Zizzo, May 27, 2006.

1. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Ok, I'll take one for the team.

Spelling, punctuation and capitalization – especially on a message board where the object of your desire may be lurking, and has decision-making power for a job you're interested in – is always something to strive for.
    Just a thought, Mr. Highly Qualified.
    We'll now refer to you as "PittsburGGie. ::) ::)

2. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

You forgot the closing quotation marks on PittsburgGGie. And should there be a comma after lurking?

3. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I just got that. What do you think of Steve Novak's chances in the D-League?

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yeah, I believe there should.

But, thanks for playing.

5. 85bears

85bears Member

The Bee is looking for a basketball beat writer as well now, with their current basketball guy reportedly heading to the Sun-Times to cover Notre Dame football.

6. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

any idea how far along they are in the process of finding a football writer?

7. Pops

Pops Member

finalists will know this week.

8. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Do you think they'll advertise the basketball gig, considering they're already standing on a stack of resumes for the football opening?

9. Robert Zizzo

Robert Zizzo New Member

It's true. We also are looking for a Fresno State men's basketball reporter.
    Regarding the football job search, I will let finalists know by the end of this week. I also will let the other 90 or so candidates know their status via e-mail.
    rz

10. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

wow that's a lot of candidates! I'll be waiting for your call Rob.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Any scuttlebutt on this one? I know people were supposed to hear something by Friday ... just curious.

12. 85bears

85bears Member

The basketball beat has now been posted.

Draft saved Draft deleted