1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reporter-on-athlete locker room violence

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by black dude with pompano, Oct 4, 2007.

1. (I searched and couldn't find a thread on this. Please delete and chastise me if it has already been posted)

Interesting story, painful injury... somewhat over-the-top self righteousness on the blog posting, but oh well.

http://blog.nj.com/ledgergiants/2007/10/somebody_owes_blackburn_an_apo.html

Blackburn, the Giants' third-year backup middle linebacker and a special-teams contributor, was cleaning his ear with a Q-Tip after the win over the Eagles when someone slammed into his arm, shoving the Q-Tip into his ear canal and nearly puncturing his eardrum. The swab was forced into the wall of the canal, causing plenty of bleeding inside Blackburn's ear. His hearing has also been affected, but doctors have told him it should return to normal once the blood dissipates. He practiced yesterday and today, and he is expected to play on Sunday against the Jets.

...That's why today I'm calling out the individual who disrespected the code of the locker room and nearly damaged this kid's hearing for the rest of his life.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

3. Babs

Babs Member

Thread did not deliver.

Draft saved Draft deleted