1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reporter/editor, The Sun Chronicle, Attleborough, Mass.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by wickedwritah, May 7, 2008.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

From the NENA Web site. Yes, it's spelled Attleborough, despite the job ad.
    -----
    Sports reporter/editor
    Attleboro, Massachusetts
    www.thesunchronicle.com

Experienced sports writer/editor needed
    The Sun Chronicle is looking for an experienced Sports journalist. Duties will include writing stories, features and columns for the daily newspaper and our weekly sister paper, The Foxboro Reporter. This person should also be experienced in editing and pagination and be able to put together pages, including Sports agate pages, using InDesign.

To Apply:
    Mike Kirby
    Editor
    34 South Main Street
    Attleboro, Massachusetts
    508-236-0344
    mkirby@thesunchronicle.com

2. UMie

UMie New Member

What's the makeup of their staff like? Only person I know of there is Mark Farinella, who does Pats and schools.

3. jimmydangles

jimmydangles Member

Don't know who left, but word is a talented Boston Globe intern, James Schneider, got the gig. Good luck to James!

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Thanks for stopping by, James!

Seriously, good luck to him.

5. jimmydangles

jimmydangles Member

Now there's a line that never gets old. It's almost necessary though, no?

6. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Member

haha dude, you're absolutely James. Your posting history is littered with Globe references and your initial post looks like an assignment the Globe gave you.

congrats on the new gig. ;D

7. lefty2432

lefty2432 New Member

Being a friend of James, and based on the history of his posts, I can almost certainly say that its not James. Unless he decided to post some completely made up story about what he did in high school.

8. Sean Smyth

Sean Smyth Member

I don't know James well, but I have covered some games with him. He seems like a sharp, personable guy.

9. Good Luck Cadet

Good Luck Cadet New Member

Surprised they went with an intern over the qualified, experienced reporters that applied... seems like the paper may have been too cheap to pay a more experienced writer. But good luck to James!

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Same here. Know of several experienced folk who applied there. With the market being what it is in New England, they had their pick of talented folk.

Draft saved Draft deleted