1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reporter and Copy Editor at The Des Moines Register

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by tallen, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

Does Des Moines have its own copy desk? Or will it be part of Gannett's centralized desk?

2. Desk_dude

Desk_dude Member

Des Moines is one of five design centers for Gannett, meaning design and editing of national/world pages will be done in the same location as the Register's operation.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

This is true, and should be taken to mean that there's a lot more job security at Des Moines than many, many other locations.

As far as the Register itself, local copy editing will stay at local sites for all Gannett papers. The question is whether some papers will go to a universal desk, which I imagine will be case-by-case. I'm pretty sure Arizona and Indianapolis are staying separate for sports. I have no clue with Des Moines, but it's one of Gannett's bigger papers.

4. the_lorax

the_lorax Member

Anyone know the status here? Curious to know if they'll fill either of these.

5. Elmwood44

Elmwood44 New Member

Any word if they are still accepting applications or have moved onto the contacting candidates stages?

Draft saved Draft deleted