1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Report: Yahoo! snooped on people's e-mail for NSA / FBI

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Big Ragu, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

I think in protest that The NIAFL should just all pick subversive team names.
    Putin Hots?

cjericho likes this.
  2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

The Snowdens.

3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

If we leave Yahoo! all the NIAFL message board posts there from Day One will be lost forever.

Everything is there. Everything.

You can scroll through the years of posts. Wonder what the Feds thought reading some of that stuff.

For my team name I call dibs on Dirty Commies.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Anyone who think Yahoo itself isn't using the feds as an excuse to do its own data mining of its customers' personal messages is IMO living in a dream world.

bigpern23 likes this.
  5. Earthman

Anyone who thinks that Google and Facebook have not done the same thing are fooling themselves

6. Michael_ Gee

I am not on social media for the very same reason. At the last job I had before I thank God retired, I dealt with a lot of advertising trade journals. They'd put you off social media for life.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It's twice as good as the 2nd amendment

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Al Davis Qaeda

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

You all needed a news article to realize this has been going on?

Ostriches.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  10. Earthman

Now we know how Woj gets all those scopes

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

No, really, people are surprised at this? Before the Internet, all the telephone companies aided the NSA. Any new form of communication is going to be monitored.

The reasons why are simple:

Number One: the mentality, ever since 7 DEC 1941, that another Pearl Harbor must be prevented at all costs, and it takes a daily, hourly, minute, and second-by-second vigilance to do so.

Number Two: Pearl Harbor Number Two, 9/11. All efforts needed to be redoubled, hell, multiplied a million-fold.

I don't like some of this either, but would you rather someone waltz in with a suitcase nuke and wipe you off the map?

I firmly believe I will live to see a nuke detonated on American soil in my lifetime.

12. Michael_ Gee

That's actually one I don't worry about. Every country that has nukes, even wacko North Korea, keeps them under very firm state control. If terrorists didn't get their hands on any right after the collapse of the Soviet Union, I think they missed their one and only shot.

Draft saved Draft deleted