1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Report: Wolfowitz has resigned as president of the World Bank

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Apr 15, 2007.

1. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Re: Wolfowitz Declines Resignation, Awaits WB Exec. Board's Decision on His Fate

Thanks, FB. Glad to know someone cares about this.

If I were a member of the board, sheeeeeeeeeet. He'd already be gone! :)

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Re: Wolfowitz Declines Resignation, Awaits WB Exec. Board's Decision on His Fate

No wonder Kobe's breathing a lot easier these days.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I wish you guys would make up your mind whether he is evil or incompetent - it's unlikely that you have evidence for both, and if you do, you should find the latter of mitigating comfort.

4. Re: Wolfowitz Declines Resignation, Awaits WB Exec. Board's Decision on His Fate

Evil Or Incompetent?
    Hmmmm......

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Heads I win, tails you lose.

6. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Ha ha. :)

7. Re: Wolfowitz Declines Resignation, Awaits WB Exec. Board's Decision on His Fate

The game's afoot, said Rok, as he waited for his quarry outside World Bank headquarters.

[​IMG]

Oh, and the answer to the earlier conundrum is: 1) Evil at the Department of Defense and 2) Incompetent at the World Bank.

8. RokSki

RokSki New Member

[​IMG]

;)

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Why can't he be both?

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I agree with Ace and FB - he's both

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Whatever evidence you think you have of either would reflect one or the other, but not both. If an evil person is in power, their incompetence is a good thing, which limits the damage they can do. This comforts me regarding the Carter administration, the UN, and many other IMO awful institutions.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Wait ... you think Jimmy Carter is evil?

Draft saved Draft deleted