1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Report: Vick tests positive for marijuana.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wickedwritah, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

"I was gonna drown my dog.......but then I got high, Woo-woo-wooo......I was gonna, hang him up...but then I got high,...Woo-woo-wooo....I was gonna shoot him up,..SO HE'D DIE!,..hey heeyy....but then I got high, then I got high...then I got high...."

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Very different situations. Gilliam, the way I heard it, was already a coke addict during his playing days and that is the main reason he never really panned out. That, and he wouldn't listen to Chuck Noll.

Gilliam also never made big money. Even if Vick never plays again and the Falcons do get most of the signing bonus back, he will still have made more money as a pro than Gilliam could have ever snorted up his nose 30 years ago.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

and this moron still has defenders? wtf? ??? ??? ???

he couldn't keep his nose clean for a month!! born-again, my ass. :eek: :eek: :eek:

see ya, mike. the day you step on an nfl field to QB again is never, ever coming.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Better copyright that ASAP, Ashy.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Let us torch, toke and be merry, for tomorrow we may die ...?

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

HE'S BLACK

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

But I think they will be/was broke very quickly once the career ends. 2.7 mil to a bank, 20 mil to the Falcons?

8. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I understand that this is breaking news, but does this news really change anyone's opinion on Vick?

People who defended him will still defend him.
    People who think he's a dirtbag will still think he's a dirtbag.

Anyone with a brain knew Vick was a stoner, too. Writing, meet wall.

That said, I am floored by Vick's stupidity and arrogance.

You know what happens when a kid grows up in a shitty environment, and everyone lets him skate through everything because he has amazing athletic talent? You know what happens when no one ever disciplines him for anything, which adds to his arrogance and self-entitlement every time? This is what happens. The bottom line is every person is responsible for their own actions, but a lot of people fucked up along the way by giving him free passes. He genuinely thought he was above the law until a few months ago, and I can't say I totally blame him. It's easy for me to sit here and call him a bad person, but I'm not him, so I can't go that far.

9. boots

boots New Member

But you did go that far and further. You called him "a stoner" Where is there proof other than a dirty urine sample taken on Sept. 13? Do you know something everyone else doesn't know?

10. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

??? ??? ???

11. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

He was smoking weed, not snorting coke. Not a big deal.

12. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

"Marijuana's not a drug! I once sucked dick for coke!" - Bob Saget

Draft saved Draft deleted