1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Report: Vick tests positive for marijuana.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wickedwritah, Sep 26, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Posted this on the other Vick thread, but thought it deserved its own due:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3037175

2. I'd get stoned, too, if I thought my life was over.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

The Vick town hall meeting just booed this news.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Outstanding.

And Chuck Taylor starts stammering about how weed isn't really a drug.

5. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Maybe that dime bag is where he found Jesus.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Nothing's shocking, but why doesn't he have someone advising him?

Didn't anyone know a possible drug test might be coming?

7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Should a new thread be started about this, too:

From: http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5jD3mR_OmJoMP9zRq8M_7rdU5beeA

NEWPORT NEWS, Va. - Royal Bank of Canada (TSX:RY) is suing suspended Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick for more than US$2.3 million.

The Toronto-based bank argues that his guilty plea to federal dogfighting charges and the resulting impact on his career have prevented him from repaying a loan.

Vick borrowed $2.5 million in January with plans to use the money for real estate investments, Royal Bank said in the lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Newport News.

The loan's terms specify that any employment change reducing Vick's income constitutes a default on the loan, according to the lawsuit.

---

Let's fill up the first page with Vick stories again.

8. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I can't wait for Vick to quarterback the Raiders in seven years.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

"I'm upset with myself, and, you know, through this situation I found Jesus and asked him for forgiveness and turned my life over to God. And I think that's the right thing to do as of right now."

"Once again, I offer my deepest apologies to everyone. And I will redeem myself. I have to.

So I got a lot of down time, a lot of time to think about my actions and what I've done and how to make Michael Vick a better person."

10. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

This might be a fine addition to Fenian's latest work-in-progress, the collection entitled "The Least of His Problems." Or perhaps his upcoming album, "When It Rains it Pours." Or his inspiring self-help DVD series, "Things Always Seem Darkest Just Before They Go Completely Black."

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

uh....considering he got busted for marijuana a few months ago, it's hardly breaking news that he tested positive for it.

The banking thing is a little weird though. You make 13 million a year, yet you borrow 2.5 million.

Someone open him up a savings account.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

When did he get busted for weed? Are you talking about the water-bottle incident?

Draft saved Draft deleted