1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Report: Utah Jazz coach Jerry Sloan to resign

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Stitch, Feb 10, 2011.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Gotta say I'm not much of an NBA fan anymore, but I knew I must be ignorant when SportsCenter referred to Deron Williams as the franchise's best player. Deron who? I know who Jerry Sloan is but who the heck is Deron Williams?

2. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

This says more about your knowledge of the NBA than it does about Williams as a player. He's a stud and easily one of the best point guards in a league full of very good point guards.

3. Crash

Crash Active Member

C'mon, yab. Deron Williams was the best player on the Illinois team that nearly went undefeated in 2005 and has been one of the best point guards in the NBA ever since.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I agree. Once they stop playing in college and go to the NBA it's out-of-sight out-of-mind. Try as I may I just can't get up a good interest in the NBA. Maybe when the Wizards change their names back to the Bullets and start playing decent I'll take an interest again, but as a fan, the NBA might as well be the NASL

5. This was a fiasco. Jerry Sloan didn't deserve to go out this way. Happy that Ty Corbin gets his shot as a coach, though

Draft saved Draft deleted