1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Report: Tiger Woods to return in two weeks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Feb 3, 2010.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The ATT next week being at Pebble, site of the Open, would be a pretty big splash.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Tiger should alert TMZ then have some hottie pick him up from rehab.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

And gets pictures of Martha Burk canoodling with Hootie Johnson in Butler's Cabin.

4. Crash

Crash Active Member

I said it then and I'll say it again:

I will be more than shocked if he misses the Master's.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

No way does this happen. As much as Tiger enjoys Pebble, I don't think the thought of him playing in a Pro-Am after the last 4 months he has had is real appealing;

I could see him making his return at the Match Play; Playing Doral, probably skip Bay Hill, then go The Masters.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

He could get in a quartet of trusted friends, O'Meara and two lackies, but the biggest problem with the ATT is that it is so notorious for its floozies that there is little doubt it would be to TMZ what the first strikes on Baghdad were in the first Gulf War was for CNN.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Bay Hill is close to his home and it's in a gated community. I would bet heavily on Bay Hill as a tune up for Augusta.

No way in hell it's in freakin' Marana, Arizona.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

No way he plays on the West Coast swing. Too close to Vegas. He hasn't played at Pebble since 2002 because of the dreadful six-hour rounds. My guess is it will be Bay Hill. Close to home. Arnie's tournament.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If you're Tiger's PR guy, what do you tell him he has to do before he returns?

1. Go on Oprah, cry about missing daddy, pledge everlasting love to Elin and tear up pre-nup?
    2. Say it's nobody's business and continue acting like a brat.
    3. Stop talking to anybody.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

He'd be crazy to do Oprah. Oprah's viewing audience is women who will want to tear him apart. That won't happen. He'll want the focus to be on golf, not the wild adventures of his dick.

He'll talk to a golf broadcaster like Jim Nantz who will lob him one softball about his "time off" and then talk about his preparation for his first tournament back. After that he'll say he's done talking about it and absolutely none of the golf reporters will ask about it after that.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I'm not sure Augusta would even want him back yet. All that hoopla going on outside the course, plus anyone who thinks there isn't some TMZ shit going on inside is crazy. Tiger ain't coming back until after the Masters.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Mike Tirico just ran and checked his email.

Draft saved Draft deleted