1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Report: T.O. attempts suicide

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by gandhithegreat, Sep 26, 2006.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Re: T.O. suicide attempt

Didn't Barrett Robbins try to commit suicide before the Super Bowl against Tampa?

2. markvid

markvid Guest

Given what I saw on ESPNews just now from the Dallas Police, sounds like WFAA might have jumped the gun.
    Given their past history, no surprise.
    Marty Griffin must be so proud right now.

3. tommyp

tommyp Member

I don't think he's played in the league since, right?

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I believe that is correct. And sorry for the D_B ... didn't read the whole thread before I posted.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

But didn't WFAA's reporter have a copy of the police report? They were showing parts of it on ESPN, so I assumed that's where they got it.

6. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Again, ESPN just continues fellating Team Owens, repeating over and over that no one is sure if this is a suicide attempt.

Pathetic.

7. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Also, now Palantonio -- like Mort before him -- is chiding reporters for the way they're going about this story. You gotta be fuckin kidding me!

8. markvid

markvid Guest

Sounds like they had something that wasn't an official police report. Like I said, it's WFAA at it's normalcy.

9. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

First, if a current pro athlete successfully committed suicide ... well, he's got one hell of a committment to playing the game after he's dead. ;)

In 1940, Reds catcher Willard Hershberger killed himself in his hotel room while the team was in Boston.

10. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

I'm waiting for the Tick Tock T.O. from AP for the official word.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I wonder if they didn't get the actual police report, while Dallas PD was busying redacting one for an "official" release.

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

he's been eleased from the hospital. if it really was a suicide attempt, wouldn't he be held for psychiatric observation?

t.o. was probably just jealous that terry glenn was stealing some attention by cutting his finger the other day. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Draft saved Draft deleted