1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Report: T.O. attempts suicide

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by gandhithegreat, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Re: T.O. suicide attempt

Next on Cold Pizza: Why Skip Bayless is glad that TO attempted suicide.

2. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Jesus H., 35 pain pills. That's hard-core. Part of me is wondering why a guy like T.O. would try to commit suicide (as has been speculated) but another part of me is also wondering if - apart from the alleged suicide attempt - he's had any kind of addiction problem with pain medicine.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if the attempted suicide story completely hinges on TO's 'yes' response when he was asked if he was trying to hurt himself.

Is it possible that he really was having a reaction to the drug, and his response was clouded by his condition?

4. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

In the "Get your ass on the field" culture of the NFL? Naaaaah.

5. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Wow. Even T.O. hates T.O.

6. MC Sports Guy

MC Sports Guy Member

I second that. T.O. may be a douche, but he doesn't deserve to die.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

21, very doubtful. The stigma accompanying mental health issues still is overwhelming in our country. Why would TO want to subject himself to that?

Edit: Misread 21's original question. Original belief above still stands, though.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Depends on when he said that. From the WFAA crime beat reporter on Cold Pizza just now, she made it sound like the police interviewed him after his stomach was pumped and he admitted it then too.

9. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

ESPN's Chris Mortensen is reporting that Terrell Owens was distraught over a fantasy football move in which he dropped Kurt Warner from his team late Monday, only to find that Warner is still a starting quarterback in the NFL.

10. Re: T.O. suicide attempt

Dude, that's not right, but funny as hell. Was that followed by a report that TO changed his mind overnight and decided not to kill himself?

11. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I should care, but I really think that I don't

But then again, maybe I do.......

12. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

T.O. can kiss my ass and rot in hell. Not only is he killing himself, he's also killing my fantasty football team. Christ!

Draft saved Draft deleted