1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Report: Reggie Miller considering NBA return with the Boston Celtics

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Aug 8, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

I'm sure someone will correct me here but I think he's still under contract with New Jersey.

2. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Just curious who you think they should target with that mid-level? Is there any one player out there they could sign with it to make a difference?

With the bench being as thin as it is it makes more sense to me to spread that money around (Pollard, House, probably another vet) than to go "all-in."

As for Miller being a 15-minute a night guy that's exactly what they're looking at him for. What's the risk? If he can't do it, it's not like they'd be tied up with him long-term or big money. If he's able to come off the bench and drain a few 3's a night that's great. I just don't see how it can be considered a bad move when there isn't really any risk involved.

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Clearly, the answer is Allan Houston.

4. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

A lot of people have referenced that team like it's a bad thing. Obviously everyone assumed they'd win it all, but I think the Celtics would take winning their division and making the finals. Again that team may not have lived up to the expectations, but it's not like they got bounced in the first round. And other than grouping together a group of superstar veterans looking for a title the circumstances aren't that similar. Malone was 40. Payton was 35. Shaq was 32. Kobe was 26. Malone and Payton were well past their primes; Shaq was still in his (and the same age as the oldest of the three Celtics) and obviously there is no one like Kobe on Boston's roster right now.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

In the words of Seinfeld: That's a shame.

Good for him, though. There's almost nothing worse in the world of sports than seeing a great player try to be great once again, only to fall flat on his face and ruin his legacy.

Draft saved Draft deleted