1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Report: Randy Moss served with a restraining order

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Sounds sort of similar to what happened to Irvin and Erik Williams before the 1997 Divisional game against Carolina, when that woman falsely accused them of rape. In that case I think it did affect the game because there was such an uproar over previous Cowboy misdeeds.

2. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Not true. Moss has a domestic battery arrest on his record from a beef with his girlfriend back in college. In fairness, I think she was arrested too, but for him to say he's never put his hands on a woman in anger isn't quite accurate.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Preparing in January is a lot different than preparing in September.

It probably won't matter if the Chargers are a wounded ship headed into battle.

But this will matter leading up to (two weeks of dead air to fill, remember) the Super Bowl.

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

"Moss said that he doesn't know exactly what has been alleged" but denied them anyway! The he says he knew what they were.

What is this, Amos & Andy?

"Yo honor, de prostitution rests!"

Technically, an allegation is neither true nor false, it is merely something alleged to have taken place.

5. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Every time I see Moss go across the middle, I hope he gets laid out. The Eagles did a good job of laying the lumber on him, so we'll see what Merriman and the Chargers can do.

6. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

I don't know. I'm no Moss apologist, but this whole thing stinks to me.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Wrong. He says he's never HAD to put his hands on a woman. Not that he didn't choose to. :D

8. It probably doesn't matter because, at full-strength with a Green Lantern power ring, the Chargers are still two touchdowns worse than the Patriots.

9. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE PRO BOWL?

10. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

With the way that he's vehemently denying these allegations on TV and getting all worked up about it, I think I believe him as well. This is no Roger Clemens stuff that we've gotten used to. He's angry. He's got a point. He's proving it.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The Smoking Gun has the paperwork on the injunction. My favorite part is where the accuser lists her date of birth as "10/22/08." That makes her remarkably intelligent for a 3-month old or an exceptionally spry 99-year-old.

12. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Check the date again: She hasn't even been CONCEIVED yet.

Draft saved Draft deleted