1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Report: Penn St Contacts Urban Meyer to Replace JoePa

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Deeper_Background, Oct 7, 2011.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I don't think Bradley would as much. He wouldn't be a clean break, but he's shown himself to ably fill in when Paterno was gone.

2. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Joe isn't stepping down — ever. The school is going to have to make the move and evidently they haven't figured out a way to do that.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

"Eyyyaaaahhhhh National Championship head coach comes and knocks on your door, whayagonnado?"

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

All your champions and recruits are belong to us.

[​IMG]

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I figured now Al Davis has rocketed to the top of the list of JoePa's replacements.

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Too soon.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I figured Jay Paterno would be next in line for the HC gig.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

A guy like Urban Meyer, with the resume to essentially tell the fanbase to STFU if it started saying "Well JoPa always ..." after Paterno finally leaves, is the only way for Penn State to go. Anyone else would be eaten alive.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Joe was trying to get Jay to leave a number of years ago. I think Jay interviewed at Akron and possibly a few other places, but nothing happened with that.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You don't want to be the guy who replaces the guy,
    sincerely,
    Earl Bruce, Ray Perkins, Gary Moeller, Dan Devine, Fred Akers, Gomer Jones, Frank Solich...

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I think Joe would like nothing better than for his son to succeed him. And there would be mass hysteria among Nittany Nation if Jay Paterno were handed the reins.

Draft saved Draft deleted