1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Report: MLB Seeking to Suspend 20 Players Including...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gehrig, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I wonder who Braun will get fired this time.

Reminds me of "The Office" episode where Creed got someone named Debbie Brown fired for his own mistake:

“The only difference between me and a homeless man is this job. I will do whatever it takes to survive, like I did when I was a homeless man.”

Braun should just co-opt that sentence verbatim in a press release.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I don't see how MLB is able to strong arm Bosch into cooperating.
    They have no legal authority and seems highly dubious that they would
    have much influence on getting Bosch leniency with the Feds.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Well, Boom, I suppose it's possible MLB and the prosecutors have an informal arrangement. If so, they're both screwed, because that would come out, and has all sorts of bad consequences such as huge damages under the CBA, or even blowing up the CBA and facing disbarment.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The Yankees are probably leaking the info to MLB... "Ok, so you have enough to suspend him.... What else do you need from us to make him go away forever?"

5. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Who did Braun get fired?

6. Boom_70

Agree. MLB is acting too much like they are the law and have prosecutorial
    authority.

7. Boom_70

Remember how badly it ended when it came out that Steinbrenner paid Howie Spira
    for information on Winfield.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't know if the guy ended up getting fired, but Braun's team publicly ripped the integrity and professionalism of the drug tester. He took so much abuse in town that he issued a statement outlining the entire case.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think the public opinion of the Yankees would skyrocket if they found a way to get ARod kicked out of baseball... :D

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Shyam Davis fired for ruling in his favor.

Dino Laurenzi's good named dragged through the mud by Braun to protect himself.

11. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

I figured that was the reference. See, I'm not buying that. It was supposed to be a confidential process. Braun's name should never have been leaked in the initial report until the process was completed. If the confidentiality had been maintained, neither Braun nor tester would have had their name out there.

Braun did what anyone would do with what is at stake, guilty or not (ok, guilty). I can’t blame him for defending his income. I can't recall if Braun named the guy or not, I don't think he did, but somebody else violated the rules by releasing very confidential information and the names prematurely. That’s not on Braun.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That is on Braun. He questioned the guy's integrity and everything about him. He didn't just question the process. He's a fuckstick.

MLB Network should replay the game where Barry Bonds came to town and the people of Milwaukee defended Hank Aaron's honorable home run record. Would love to get a camera on those hypocrites now.

Draft saved Draft deleted