1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Report: MLB Seeking to Suspend 20 Players Including...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gehrig, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I agree with O_T. If the "new" evidence is testimony by a person putting themselves in serious criminal liability, I wonder how long the whole thing stands up. I don't think the U.S. Code allows Bud to grant immunity from prosecution.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Eh, whether a player is suspended or not shouldn't hinge on where a team is in the standings. I applaud MLB for being diligent to go after this latest stuff. Wish they had taken a stronger stance against the cheaters a decade ago.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

That's a great fanboy rant. Poor, poor Ryan Braun.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

You may love double jeopardy. Most find it un-American.

5. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Double jeopardy? I wasn't aware Braun was ever indicted.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

How in the hell is this double jeopardy, when was he indicted? Jesus Christ, you live in a fantasy world and you probably believe he is actually clean.

He should have got off because of the procedural error, that does not mean he isn't dirty as sin. I'm sure it is the same people who framed him that are framing him again.

7. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

This is good news - it will allow the Yankees to void ARod's contract.

He is a shell of his former self. How much worse would he be without the drugs?

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

C'mon guys. I think you know what he meant.

I think he's talking about the notion that ARod/Braun, et al, will get a 100-game suspension instead of first offender 50-game suspension because of MLB's interpretation that it's a double violation of the drug policy.

Like I said earlier, MLBPA will piss their pants on the hour and twice-an-hour on Sunday to fight that.

9. old_tony

Considering that Braun won his case and MLB is shooting for a 100-game suspension for a "second offense," that tells you all you need to know about how bitter MLB is.

10. old_tony

Exactly.

And let's not forget that MLB apparently is pinning its case on the "testimony" of a guy they consider a criminal.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Man the whole world is sure out to get Ryan Braun.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Wonder how long Braun's old strength coach at Miami has been buying drugs for him at that clinic?

Braun's about as clean as Lance Armstrong but I do agree that the 100 game suspension is a stupid move on MLB's part. Everybody but OOP knows he was dirty when he was caught the first time and lucked out on a shaky technicality. Hit him with the 50 he deserves and be done with it.

Better yet, suspend him for 50 games but force him to watch all of Milwaukee's games in person while he's out. Watching every inning of 50 games of Brewers baseball will feel like a 1,000 game suspension.

Draft saved Draft deleted