1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Report: Lebron going back to Cleveland

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

In this situation, where it provides a chance to team him alongside Lebron, and with Irving as your point guard? Good god, yes. Without a moment's hesitation. Easiest question ever.

2. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

No, you're not out of it. It's a ridiculous sports gossip site. Just thought it was funny that LeBron's "side chick" was a source.

3. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I think since there is an immediate need to win now, I think you have to make the deal. If LeBron wasn't going to Cleveland, I doubt the Cavs are as quick to make the move.

I'm assuming that's who they would have to trade to get Love, although, they may have to find a way to unload more salary, especially if they're trying to bring Miller and/or Allen in as well.

Love-LeBron-Irving I think the Cavs will be the favorite in the East.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Right now? Hell no would I want Wiggins over Love. Love put up with years of shit in Minny and is tested and championship ready.

LeBron, Irving and Love. THAT is the trio you want right here, right now.

Nothing against Wiggins but he's just a kid. It took Kobe a few years to get his act together. This is going to be LeBron's 11th year. He doesn't have much time left. What, 4-5 years at the most? If he goes back to Cleveland to win, it's to win right now. Love, not Wiggins, affords him that chance right now.

Love is a devastator.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

That's OK. Before glancing at the SportsJournalists.com thread the other day I had never in my life heard of the cupcake seller Crumbs, which apparently is really famous.

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Well, no shit. That's why I added the "in this situation" qualifier, the whole damn Love/Wiggns thing is contingent on the Cavs first landing Lebron.

It may be logical not to make that deal if you're facing a long term rebuilding plan like, say, Philly and Milwaukee are. But if you've got Lebron and Irving, and adding Love can make you a title favorite IMMEDIATELY--in a city as stigmatized as Cleveland, one that has not experienced a title in any sport in over a half century--you absolutely make that deal. Without a moment's pause.

7. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

If the Timberwolves can get Wiggins and Sacramento's 2015 first-rounder, that will be a nice haul for Love.

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Hell, you really don't need a point guard if you pair James and Love. James leaks on the inbound, and Love throws a rainbow to him. That combo would be devastating to defend.

9. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

Um...OK? Four Finals appearances and two championships, I don't think either has anything to complain about. And, if Lebron was going to leave Miami, Cleveland is the only place he really could've gone without looking bad. James and Kyrie Irving will make for a formidable duo.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Why would he look bad if signed somewhere else?

11. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

If Love and LeBron do join the Cavaliers how do you think it compares to Miami's big three?

12. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

It's better.

Draft saved Draft deleted