1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Report: Lebron going back to Cleveland

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Jul 9, 2014.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Woj or Windhorst.

Sheridan is a great reporter, but there are a lot of people who think he's just guessing here in order to pump up interest in his new site.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Careful. He'll sue you.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Sheridan has been quoting sources for almost three weeks saying that LeBron is very likely to return to Cleveland.

To me, he's earned the benefit of the doubt. I really can't believe he'd put himself this far out on an island on probably the biggest sports story of the year without good reason.

4. RecoveringJournalist

Broussard has been reporting the same thing for the same amount of time, but he's couched it, probably because he's getting the info from LeBron's agent and not LeBron himself and knows how flaky LeBron has been in the past or were worried that Pat Riley could talk him out of it by pointing out obvious things like the Cavs being too young and reminding him about the Dan Gilbert letter.

I hope Sheridan is right. But, I have a hard time believing that he has a source on this that AWoj and Windhorst don't have, especially since the only reliable sources on this would be LeBron and his agent.

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Per TerezOwens.com: LeBron's side chick says Cleveland.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

He addresses all of that in his latest writethru. He goes into pretty specific detail about Riley trying to talk him into staying, and when and how LeBron will announce his decision.

He also makes a good point: Of LeBron's present or potential teammates, the best basketball player of the bunch, Kyrie Irving, is in Cleveland.

7. RecoveringJournalist

That is a good read. It is interesting that while scrolling through the story, there is a video on there that says, "90 percent chance LeBron returns to Cleveland"

If Riley is Sheridan's source, I would completely buy it.

8. RecoveringJournalist

Dumb question.

Would you trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love?

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

My answer: Hell yes in a heartbeat. As for LeBron, it wouldn't be surprising if he's told very good sources different things about his choice as he struggles to make up his mind. That's not criticism. This is an important life decision, so indecision is only human.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Agreed. I think Wiggins' upside is to maybe, possibly be as good as Love is right now.

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

The one nice thing about Wiggins is he's the only one on the roster who can take some of the defensive pressure off LeBron (you know, IF he were to end up in Cleveland). I think you still make the Love trade, but that's the reason I'd at least have to think for a bit about it if I'm cleveland.

12. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Am I just out of it? I have NO idea what TerezOwens is.

Draft saved Draft deleted