1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Report: Florida's juniors will enter draft

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, Apr 5, 2007.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I think they go, but I think we're going to see what appear to be deeper drafts in the coming years because of the no high schoolers rule.

It means we get to see all of the players on a national stage, there is less picking on potential and more people getting picked who can have an immediate impact. I see deeper drafts for a while from here.

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Think of all the high schoolers over the years that could have done an Oden/Durant for one year and been dominant. Don't get me wrong — I hate this rule and don't think it's fair to men who are 18 and eligible to vote and be drafted by the military.

But think of all that talent we could have seen in the college game. Several guys could have had Durant-like seasons for one year.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

That's part of my point. The draft will seem deeper this year because they did play at the college level and we've seen them play 10, 15+ times over the season. We know them better because they went to college.

There's no doubt some players who skipped college could have had dominant seasons in college. If they had the perception would have been the drafts they then entered would be deep, as opposed to people not having much knowledge about the player who was about to be taken with a top 3 pick.

4. WSKY

WSKY Member

another reason to hate basketball ...

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Fixed

6. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Man I wish they would all stay they could have won there third staright championship.

7. Hammer Pants

Too bad their going to the NBA.
    They're parents could probably use the money, though.
    There going to struggle in Gainesville, next year.

8. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

I know.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'll be shocked if COCKDIAN understands what you just did.

EDIT: And he didn't disappoint.

10. Hammer Pants

My three-day sj bender just became justified.

11. Dignan

Dignan Guest

It's admirable that the four juniors will finish out the semester. Class acts. Billy Donovan has built himself one hell of a program at Florida.

12. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

And I will be shocked if someone ever read your column.

Draft saved Draft deleted