1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Report: Florida's juniors will enter draft

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2827116
    I'm looking at ESPN right now and they said the press confrence will be held right about now(4:00 pm).

I don't know, I still think Noah should've stayed.

2. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Donovan will just reload with another bumper crop of studs. Wildcat nation weeps, I laugh. If he gets Jai Lucas and Patrick Patterson, they'll be fine, especially with what else they have coming in.

It's not like he was going to win it every year. Glad Brewer is going, kid's family needs the money.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Um, I think that's the presser where Billy announces he's staying, as noted on other threads. Or are they going to announce it all at once?

4. Chuck~Taylor

Yeah, I read Pat Forde's piece on ESPN about his dad. I think he'll be the best out of the 4.

5. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Players will announce they're leaving, too.

I think Green could have used another year. He would've been the unquestioned star next season, and he's the only one not guaranteed being a first-round pick.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Glad to see this team broken up, that's for sure.

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

The juniors, to me, were planning to leave anyway. Noah could have went last year, but he isn't hurting for money (see his old man Yannick).

Lexington, you may want to place a courtesy call to Rick Barnes.

8. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Word is he's now the top candidate. Should be an intersting few days in Lex, what with Barnhart's butthole cliching up as tight as a drum.

9. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

So who's the preseason favorite in the SEC East next year? Still Florida? Vanderbilt or Tenn.?

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

If Lofton comes back, I might give an edge to Tennessee. Florida's got a good incoming class though.

11. Chuck~Taylor

This is going to be a deep draft.

P.S. If Oden and Durant go, of course.

12. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Tennessee's the only legit potential Final Four team in the East. I would think the Vols are a preseason top 10 lock if everyone but Bradshaw returns as expected. He was the glue guy, but that's all they'll lose. Ramar Smith, Wayne Chism and Duke Crews are a hell of a nucleus for the future, and J.P. Prince is eligible after Christmas. Then there's that Lofton guy — he's OK. That Tatum kid coming is a dynamic talent on the wing, too. Childress and Tabb return, as well.

Vandy will be awful, maybe last in the East.

Draft saved Draft deleted