1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Report: Domi to retire

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by goalmouth, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

I remember one Saturday night at the Gardens when Dave Semenko made Probert his little bitch.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Cam Neely could've taken them all on at once and kicked their asses.

Cam Neely is not a mortal. Cam Neely drinks from the nectar of Chuck Norris.

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Agreed. Perhaps that fan who fell into the penalty box when Domi was in it can relax now too.

4. maberger

maberger Member

second and final round was better, when probert hit him 43 times -- not counting elbows

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Tie Domi retiring is like watching the straight-ahead kickers retire, one-by-one.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Ah, the good old days before the tie-down rule.

Probert was probably the best hockey fighter I've seen. At the top of his game not too many guys wanted to fuck with him. Sure, he lost the odd scrap but most tough guys who fight a lot do.

I remember one night against the Leafs he steamrolled Alan Bester in the Toronto net and he dared someone to come after him. Ed Olczyk finally stepped in and got dummied in no time.

7. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I want to know how he's supposedly getting with Canadian political Belinda Stronach, who supposedly gets with Bill Clinton. Belinda's not into looks much, I guess.
    This situation was touched on in the post about Condi Rice's boyfriend (and Stronach dumpee).

8. Jones

Jones Active Member

I was thinking about the fight with Probert -- at least I think it was Porbert -- when Domi won and skated around making a motion like he was wearing a heavyweight belt. Was that Probert?

If not, I stand corrected, but not on my assertion that Domi has a helmet of a head. Not what you would call a bleeder.

9. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was.

That's also what got Domi a stern talking to from his captain, Mark Messier.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Click on the link I provided above, Jonesy. It's that exact fight. Of course, I think it was even; just because Domi skated around and acted like a douche doesn't mean he won the fight.

11. Jones

Jones Active Member

Well, Doc, Probert was also the one left shirtless and bleeding. That makes Domi the winner in my (admittedly subjective) books.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

See, I've never been a fan of the whole pull-the-jersey-off tactic. I guess we'll agree to disagree. You gotta admit, though. Probert, when he was drinking, was a bad-ass mofo.

Draft saved Draft deleted