1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Report - Danny Ainge has heart attack

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Hey Buckweaver - how's the view from your glass house?

Oh and just to add something to the conversation - it should come as no surprise that Ainge would excel as an executive as he was a two-time Academic All-American while at BYU. I wish him, his wife Michelle and their six kids all the best.

2. To say that arguing over the semantics of the phrase "mild heart attack" in this context, which was that the phrase minimized the danger in which Ainge was in, is somehow disrespectful of how serious the situation with Ainge might be, is logic that I can't follow. Sorry.

3. Fenian - this wouldn't be the first time you couldn't follow my logic.

It should be pointed out that the Boston Globe used "mild heart attack" in its headline. Same is true of the Patriot Ledger. So its not just the team using that phrase.

Danny Ainge had a heart attack. It was described in a number of places as mild. The discussion over describing any heart attack as minor should take place elsewhere. If only there was a Writer's Workshop or something like that.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I'm really disappointed in myself now.

5. Logic, in this context, is my being very gracious.

6. TheSportsPredictor

Danny Aigne was on the verge of being fired two years ago because of the piss-poor team he built. They were so bad that superstar Paul Pierce wanted out. Aigne was rescued only because his friend and former teammate dumped Kevin Garnett in his lap.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

His best move as a GM was not trading Paul Pierce.

8. I don't know. He put a pretty good team together around those guys last year. James Posey was a good addition, so were House and PJ Brown. And his drafting has been awfully damn good. Kendrick Perkins, Rondo, and BB Davis were not sure things.

9. TheSportsPredictor

They're nowhere without Garnett.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Garnett was nowhere without Pierce.

F_B, you forgot the Jefferson kid that made the Garnett trade possible.

11. TheSportsPredictor

I haven't forogtten anything. If Garnett does not fall into the Celtics' laps, they don't win a thing.

12. Ainge traded for the opportunity to draft Rondo - so it was a double move by the astute Ainge. He also picked Ryan Gomes in the second round which along with Al Jefferson made the Garnett trade possible. And to say that Garnett alone made last year's championship possible is not true. A starting five of Allen, Rondo, Pierce, Perkins and Jefferson would give any team a run for its money. You would also have a second team of Powe, Big Baby, Gomes, and House which would be pretty solid.

To say that Ainge was almost fired two years ago is nowhere near the truth. But thanks for playing.

Draft saved Draft deleted