1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Report - Danny Ainge has heart attack

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Apr 16, 2009.

1. I agree with everyone else - there's not a damn thing MINOR about any heart attack. Hopefully Danny gets well soon.

2. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

Since the complication of any heart attack is sudden death, I would agree that there is no such thing as a minor heart attack. A better term might be a heart attack or myocardial infarction that did not involve a large area of heart muscle.

And though I may be mistaken about cardiac risk factors (high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes,smoking and family history) I don't think that being wound tight is a consideration.

3. :D

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

One hundred percent blockage of a cardiac artery doesn't seem overly minor to me.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Wayne "Tree" Rollins was unavailable for comment.

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

Minor Heart Attack = Barely Pregnant

7. Classic SportsJournalists.com - focus on a "minor" element of the story and pretty much ignore the big picture - that being Danny Ainge and his health.

Anyone reading SportsJournalists.com for the first time looking for insight into a major sports figure from people supposedly in the industry would come away sorely disappointed. With only "I didn't like him as a player" and "I'd punch anyone who said I had a minor heart attack" as pretty much the only take aways.

Sadly - that person's opinion of SportsJournalists.com after reading a thread like this would probably be spot on.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

So how can this be prevented? What could he have done (or we do ourselves) to avoid this? Is there a test?

This guy is a former professional athlete who played well into his 30s, and he seemed to stay in shape after the playing days ended.

If he has one at 50, what chance do I have?

9. Read the thread again, Chris.
    There's a lot of affection for Danny here. JR even remembered him fondly as a baseball player.

10. Fenian - maybe you should read the thread again. The "jokes" and the "minor heart attack" sidetrack's are about equal in number to anyone just dropping in to wish Danny the best.

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

The "minor heart attack" isn't a sidetrack. That's what the Celtics called it.

And it spurred another good post by DocTalk, who knows more about it than anyone here.

12. And DocTalk's stated concern over the health of Danny Ainge is duly noted. Oh wait...

The term "mild heart attack" is a common term. The argument over the use of that phrase is an argument over semantics. Semantics.

Danny Aigne is perhaps the most under-rated sports executive today. A thread about him having a heart attack should be about Danny Aigne the person and the professional and about his health. Not about semantics. Nothing on this thread has furthered my knowledge about Danny past what was in the link Moddy posted.

Draft saved Draft deleted