1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Report: CBS Announcer Greg Anthony Arrested In Prostitution Sting

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by WCIBN, Jan 17, 2015.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

They claim the other party is engaging in a "War on Women" while their own most-honored soldiers are chronic sexual harassers and even rapists.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Wait a minute, there's Democratic soldiers and Republican soldiers?

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Wait a minute, a thread that could have been about BJ jokes is now a political battleground?

cranberry likes this.
  4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Wait a minute, we need to lock this? Get it back on topic please.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Ok, back on topic. Anthony was doing it wrong.

The way to correctly solicit oral sex was demonstrated by TV reporter / weather guy, Marty Bass, here in Baltimore back in 1985. He stated to an undercover policewoman that he wanted to "get into her head."

And, that's how his lawyer got him off. Claimed he was working on a story.

Marty Bass - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

In Anthony's defense, a guy in his position isn't paying prostitutes to have sex with him. He's paying them to leave. He's also more likely to get in trouble (with his wife, not the law) by cruising some bar than he is searching backpage.com. Note the phrase about "using a computer" in the story. Dude responded to the wrong ad.

7. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Buddy of mine always thought the best way to solicit a hooker would be to tell her, "I bet you $xxx you won't have sex with me." Then she proves you wrong and wins the "bet." Worst they could bust you for would be gambling. Of course, neither that buddy of mine nor I ever tried his scheme, so can't vouch for its air-tightness legally.

8. Joe Williams

And of course, HYPOCRISY is the worst crime possible, in their view. Better to not hold the values in the first place than to stray from them in a particular instance.

Doesn't seem to rear its head quite the same though when rich Dems find and take every tax loophole when they could be leaving/sending that $ to Big Government. Or when they support Planned Parenthood despite the millions of minority and female people it, er, pre-empts well into the process. Or the big one, when they shout down certain views and even word choices in the name of their hypocritical "tolerance."

9. Big Circus

To support women is to support their right to bodily autonomy. I don't see how that's in question. To make a woman carry her rapist's baby to term is completely, utterly anti-woman.

Donny in his element likes this.
  10. Joe Williams

Immediately go to the rapist hysteria, Big Circus? What % of abortions are sought due to rape or incest? Dishonest to react as if that's the lion's share of the debate. And given the numbers involving minorities, and Margaret Sanger's position on that, there does seem to be an inherent conflict between traditional liberal causes.

old_tony likes this.
  11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The boards and baseballs moral compass.

12. Big Circus

Accusations of hysteria and dishonesty from a guy whose argument, in the only way it can make sense, is that minority women are/were forced to have abortions on a massive scale.

Draft saved Draft deleted