1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Report: Bulls to name Doug Collins coach

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, May 29, 2008.

1. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Not dismissing what you've posted, but a lot of that turnaround was strictly because of drafting Grant Hill.

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Grant Hill was on the team the year before Collins got there that went 28-54.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Now if they could just draft Michael Jordan again, they might have something ...

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Wow, Collins has mentioned the finishing-quarters-strong thing three times in the final two minutes of the second quarter. Never noticed it before (sound usually is off when I'm watching in the office).

5. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

This has to be a highly desirable job considering the roster, the top pick and the market. How is this the best they could do? I still say D'Antoni is a moron for choosing NY over Chicago.

6. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Yeah, I was just saying he turned the franchise around...not so much Collins, who joined the Pistons because of Hill, IIRC. I did and do think Collins did a fine job, but it was because of Hill.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

In a related story the Cleveland Cavaliers have released Lebron James and re-signed Brad Dougherty, Craig Ehlo, Mark Price and Hot Rod Williams.

And phone call to Lenny Wilkens seeking comment has not been returned.

Draft saved Draft deleted