1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Report: Bulls to name Doug Collins coach

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, May 29, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Well, Jackson has done OK for himself... Of course, Paxson wasn't the one who got Collins fired in Chicago in the first place.

2. As a Bulls fan, I hate this hire.

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I hear Dick Motta's available. Hell, why not jump the shark and name Hubie Brown coach?

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Reduce, reuse, recycle.

It's all about going green these days.

5. Just when you thought the Bulls couldn't get any worse ...

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I'm I the only one who totally forgot only 3/8th of his head coaching career was with Chicago?

He was equally as average with the Pistons and Wizards.

7. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

This was the best the Bulls could do? Avery Johnson and others were still out there and Doug Collins was the best Jerry Reinsdorf/John Paxson could come up with?

As others have said here, Collins knows his stuff, but his personality will wear everyone out after a year or two.

8. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Is Doug Collins going to revert to the Brady perm to complete the deja vu?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Actually, his stint in Detroit looks impressive if you just go by the numbers. His first year there he orchestrated the biggest turnaround in the league-turning a 28 win team into a 48 win team, his second year he won 54 games, but then his act wore thin and he got canned halfway through his third season.

It's kinda similar to his Chicago stint in that, on the surface, it sure didn't look like a coach who deserved to get canned (i believe the Bulls had just had the winningest 2 or 3 year stretch in their history when they fired Collins), but folks were sick of his act and felt he had to go anyways.

10. rube

rube Active Member

I would've preferred Ron Rothstein or Kevin Loughery.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Was Stan Albeck unavailable?

12. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Paxson refutes story that Collins has been hired.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AlaKqxnvJ4AbrxpYPyFatpk5nYcB?slug=txbullscollins&prov=st&type=lgns

Draft saved Draft deleted