1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Report: Browns hire Mangini

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

They can keep that non-adjusting piece of shit.

He has ZERO coaching instincts WHILE the game is being played, choosing to stick to the script he comes into the game with.

Good riddance.

2. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Beautifully said! I think it was a solid hire as well.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Not that this is saying much, but Mangini will do better than Crennell ever did.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

You obviously did not watch much of the Mangini Jet squads.
    The guy makes Herman Edwards seem like Vince Lombardi.
    Essentially you are getting Romeo Crennel's assistant.
    Enjoy!

5. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Were you at the last Jets game Boom?

How about me, sitting up in the stands thinking to myself "hey...why is OLB Calvin Pace split out, guarding the WR?" The Fish sees this, and ran bubble screen, after bubble screen after bubble screen.

It took that SEVENTH bubble screen and 65 yards later before Mangenious realizes "hey....we need to something about it!!!"

6. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

Isn't that the D Coordinator's duty?

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

SFFS

8. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Isn't it the head coach's duty to get a feel of what's going on in the game?

Or how about me being in the stands with a friend of mines whose coached his HS team to straight titles in MA, wondering why Magenius didn't call a timeout to slow the Dolphins hurry up offense down, as our defense was laboring on the field?  

Or how about my bewilderment of him putting struggling rookie DB Lowery into the game?  After giving up a major 1st down, I'm yelling at the top of my lungs to get him out the game.  Either the Fish coaching staff overheard me, or they did their HW, because two plays later, they go right at him as Ted Ginn outleaps him for a TD.

Meanwhile, I'm in the stands with a bunch of fellow Jets fans all looking at me and shaking their heads as if I went down onto the Dolphin sidelines and spilled the goods.  

Maginini has CRAP for coaching instincts.  And it became more and more blatantly obvious as the season wore on.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Perhaps "your" defense should have been in better shape. ::)

10. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

What a nice cherry picked come back.  such a great football mind you are.  ::)
    I was under the belief that you've watched the game enough in your football living life to see that a pass rush suddenly loses steam when teams go into a hurry up offense and are unable to get their d-line off the field.  But that's new to you isn't it? Or maybe you'll get personal and play this online back and forth game you seem to love rather than shutting up.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I think that sums it up - Mangini has crap for coaching instincts. I would qualify it by saying that he has crap for coaching instincts as a Head Coach- which he never was prior to coaching The Jets.

I would blame defensive coord Bob Sutton as much as Mangini for the lack of defensive adjustments but Mangini has to set tone and lead.

How about the Seattle game - Seahawks had 3 starters on O-line who had just signed that week yet The Jets got no pressure on QB

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

People make fun of famboyisness on this board. I'm sorry you thought you were immune to that.

I actually agree with your take on Mangini, but unless you are actually a member of the Jets, the prhasing needed a little work.

Draft saved Draft deleted